Saturday, October 13, 2018



Well here we are in Jamaica, Jamrock is what the locals call it. I'll plug in some pics from the past few days and explain as I go. We have attended two Zone conferences and we are so impressed with the missionaries. One was in Kingston and the other was in Mandeville. As I already mentioned in my last post, we are housed in Old Harbour which is about 1 hour West of Kingston. We were handed keys to our apartment, given a driving test administered by the office elders and pointed West towards Old Harbour and wished "Good Luck". There are 3 challenges with driving, (1) we drive on the wrong side of the roads and for the first day or so I kept turning on the wipers to signal my turns because the wiper controls are on the left and the blinker controls are on the right. (2) there are very few road signs and someone keeps forgetting to update google maps. It's a guessing game with directions. (3) the traffic is crazy....I get a real feeling that we are in West Africa again.
We have meet a few of the member here in Old Harbour and they are super nice and most helpful. Church is at 10 am and the chapel is only 10 min from our apartment. The only problem is Sister Barney and I will be traveling a lot at the request of President Parker. He said to tell the Branch hi and well see you again in a year or so.


Here is our humble abode...and of course the limo. Right now we are driving the old Mission Presidents vehicle while we wait for our new one. I'm sure the wait is Jamrock schedule.

Looking West on our street Mandela Close.

Another shot looking South

Castle Jamrock

The neighbors across the street, Anthony and Beverly, have a beautiful home.

Looking in our house from the front door.

Our rustic entertainment center....soon to be replaced with a piece of real furniture.

Sister Barney at the IT work station.

Our kitchen and laundry room. We do have a toaster oven but it need an outlet.

Guess.

Master bedroom.

More master bedroom.

Looks like we had a visitor in the night...looks like cat tracks to me.
Do you think the Aviary housing development that we live in was inspired by a liberal?
I'm not sure if I can continue walking in the mornings.

One of the many local culinary delights that came highly recommended by one of the local Jamaicans.
Made from Ram parts that I can't spell at this time.



Before I sign out for today, I want you to know that the gospel is true and I'm so happy to have a living Prophet on the earth to guide and direct the church with direction from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the Cornerstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment